Areas of Expertise
Rebecca practices exclusively in Family Law and has a particular interest in complex children’s matters, particularly those involving interstate or international relocation, and also has an interest in assisting extended family members, such as grandparents seeking time with their grandchildren.
She also has extensive experience in marital and de facto property disputes, and preparing Binding Financial Agreements both during relationships, and post separation as well as assisting clients involved in Intervention Order proceedings in the Magistrates Court.
Rebecca is a trained Collaborative Practitioner and relishes the opportunity to assist clients in this non-litigious form of dispute resolution.
In addition, Rebecca provides advice to clients and representation in relation to all other legal issues arising from family law and relationship breakdown including:
- Same sex relationships
- Children and parenting matters
- Child support
- Spousal maintenance
Rebecca is a Volunteer announcer on Joy 94.9 and regularly appears on the Programs ‘Stand Up Straight’ (http://joy.org.au/standupstraight/), ‘Chicks Talkin’ Footy’ (http://joy.org.au/chickstalkingfooty/) and ‘Family Matters’ (http://joy.org.au/familymatters/).
Rebecca joined Nicholes Family Lawyers in 2012, having practiced exclusively in Family Law since 2005 in both South Australia and Victoria, in a range of both small and large firms.
- Rebecca graduated from Flinders University (South Australia) in 2003 with a Bachelor of Laws & Legal Practice.
- In 2013, she became a qualified Collaborative Practitioner.
- Law Institute of Victoria
- LIV Family Law Section Children and Youth Issues Committee
- LIV Family Law Section Courts Practice Committee
- Collaborative Professionals (Vic)