Nicholes Family Lawyers has extensive experience dealing with a broad range of Family Law matters that involving international aspects.
We are currently acting on behalf of clients whose matters involve the following international jurisdictions:
- New Zealand;
- Thailand; and
- United States of America
Our lawyers have also dealt with many other international jurisdictions in the past and have developed various contacts in each country as a result.
In particular, we have experience with the following international family law matters:
- Property settlements and the re-structure of family assets. Our lawyers frequently advise clients in relation to property settlements and the re-structure of family assets following separation, including assets located both in Australia and overseas.
- Arrangements for children, including circumstances where one party wishes to relocate overseas with the children, or return to Australia with the children.
- Matters involving international child abduction.
- Child support matters where one party resides outside Australia.
- Registration of overseas orders including child support and maintenance orders and judgments.
- Obtaining a divorce in Australia: where one or more of the parties to the marriage is an Australian citizen.
If you require advice in relation to international family law matters, please do not hesitate to contact our expert lawyers.